Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur Entry Fee
- 20 per person for Adults
- 10 per person for Children
- 50 per person for Foreigners
- 35 per person for Light & Sound show
Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 61 reviews
Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur Address: At the top of Moti Magri, Maharana Pratap Memorial Road, Fateh Sagar Rd, Malla Talai, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India
Udaipur Tour Packages
Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur Timings
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wedesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
Note: The Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur Light & Sound show timings are Winter: 7:30 pm & Summers: 8:15 pmLinks: Website | Map
Known for his bravery and gallantry, Maharana Pratap is one of the greatest warriors in the history of India. Pratap ruled over Udaipur for about 27 years from 1572 to 1597. One of the most glorious battles fought by Pratap Singh of Sisodia Rajput dynasty was the Battle of Haldighati. The Memorial is built to honor his courage and valor. Hence a life-sized bronze statue of Maharana Pratap is made along with his loyal horse, Chetak.
Over the years, Udaipur has become a gold mine of beauty, culture, and diversity. So if you ever wish to tour around the city, you can get in touch with Udaipur Tourism. Udaipur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offers one of the best and affordable tour packages ensuring safe and comfortable travel.
Location of Maharana Pratap Memorial
Located on the top of Moti Margi or Pearl Hill, Maharana Pratap Memorial overlooks the stunning beauty of Lake Fateh Sagar. Also known as Pratap Smarak, Maharana Pratap Memorial is an essential site of great historical significance.
Architecture of Maharana Pratap Memorial
Built-in the 18th century, the Memorial is one of the greatest tributes given to Maharana Pratap by Maharana Bhagwat Singh. One of the most thrilling features of the Memorial is a life-sized bronze statue of Maharana Pratap sitting on his faithful horse, Chetak. The figure is 11 feet high and weighs about 70 tonnes. The sculpture can be seen from kilometers away.
The museum built on the premises of the Memorial has an enormous collection of paintings. These paintings depict the rich history of Kumbhalgarh and Chittorgarh along with the few instances from the battle of Haldighati. There are other statues of near and dear ones of Maharana Pratap in the memorial premises such as Bhilu Raja, Bhamashah, Jhalaman, and Hakim Khan Sur.
The interiors of the Memorial are decorated with stunning and delicate glasswork. Some of the colored glasses form exquisite imageries, such as an image of a peacock.
Image Gallery of Maharana Pratap Memorial Udaipur
History of Maharana Pratap Memorial
In 1576 AD, Maharana Pratap and his horse Chetak fought the battle of Haldighati against the Mughals. One of the most fierce wars in the history of Rajputs, the Battle of Haldighati ended with the death and loss of Maharana Pratap and his horse.
How to reach Maharana Pratap Memorial
The Maharana Pratap Memorial is a famous tourist spot in the city; hence, it is easily accessible.
Airport- Maharana Pratap Airport is located 23.3 km away from the Memorial. You can take a private cab to reach the Memorial.
Railway Station- The Udaipur railway station is located at a distance of 2.4 km away from the Memorial. You can either hire an auto rickshaw or cab to reach your destination.
Public Transport- Udaipur is a well-connected city; you can either ply a private or a state-run bus to reach the Memorial, which is located 5 Km away from the City Palace. Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh Transport Authority run buses regularly in and out of the city. You can also take a road trip to Udaipur as it is connected to National Highway 8.
If you are new to Udaipur, it can be challenging to travel in and around the city as every tourist place can be reached in different ways. So to avoid any sought of confusion, it is better to hire a private cab. Udaipur Tourism offers top-class car rental services in Udaipur with 100% assurance of safety and security.
Entry fees and timings of Maharana Pratap Memorial
• Maharana Pratap Memorial is open all days of the week.
• The Memorial is open from 9 AM to 6 PM.
• The cost of a ticket for Indian adult and child is Rs. 20 and Rs. 10 per person respectively.
• The ticket price of a foreign adult is Rs. 50 per person.
Things to do at Maharana Pratap Memorial
• One of the extraordinary things to do at the Memorial is to witness the astonishing light and sound show. The light and sound show varies in summers and winters. In the summer season, the show begins at 8:15 PM and in the winter season the show starts at 7:30 PM. The light and sound show is chargeable. The cost of a ticket is Rs. 35 per person.
• Close to the hill, you can visit gorgeous Japanese Rock Garden, offering astonishing views
• Have a brief look at the remnants of Moti Mahal, the house of Maharana Udai Singh.
• If you have an eye for art, then the place offers a marvelous collection of the ancient paintings of Maharana. The stunning works of these artists speak about the generous and chivalrous nature of Pratap.
• For history enthusiasts, the place offers portraits of various historical figures associated with Pratap such as Queen of Chittor, Rani Padmini and Meera Bai.
• You can also enjoy traditional folk dance and music performances held in the memorial premises during light and sound show.
Places to visit near Maharana Pratap Memorial
The Memorial is located close to many tourist places such as Lake Fateh Sagar, Sajjangarh Palace, Swaroop Sagar Lake, Saheliyon Ki Bari, Nehru Garden, Sanjay Gandhi Park, Lake Palace, and Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandal.
Best time to visit Maharana Pratap Memorial
The best time to visit the Maharana Pratap Memorial is between the months of November to February.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Maharana Pratap Memorial
The photography is allowed at no cost, so don’t forget to carry your camera.
Udaipur is one of the rarest places which reflect the glorious past of Rajputs in every nook and corner — being the birthplace of Mewar dynasty, Udaipur stores both history and mystery of the rulers and enemies of the city. So to get a brief insight into the city, you can opt for All-inclusive Udaipur tour packages. The packages are customized, keeping the needs and facilities expected by prospective travelers. To get more information about our personalized packages, you can reach us by filling the Contact Us form.