Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 79 reviews
Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur Address: The City Palace Complex, Lake Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India
Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur Accommodation & Dinning
|Accommodation at Fateh Prakash Palace||Dovecote Rooms : 21|
|Dovecote Premier Suites : 44|
|Dinning at Fateh Prakash Palace||The Sunset Terrace (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Light Refreshments) : 7.00 am to 10.30 pm|
|Surya Darshan Bar:
Beverages (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic) Time: 11:00 am – 10:30 pm
English Afternoon Tea: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Udaipur is famous for its unique history and culture. The forts and palaces speak of the glorious and luxurious lifestyle of royalty. Fateh Prakash Palace is an excellent place in Udaipur which showcases the exotic grandeur, with an opportunity to create an immaculately designed luxurious experience. A visual tour of the Fateh Prakash Palace is a treat to eyes.
You can contact Udaipur Tourism to design your touring package. Udaipur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offers a personalized tour of Udaipur while ensuring the utmost pleasure and comfort of travelers.
Location of Fateh Prakash Palace
The Fateh Prakash Palace is located at the northern end of the City Palace Complex. It stands directly opposite the Udaipur’s famous building, the Lake Palace Hotel, situated in the middle of Lake Pichola. Therefore, the hotel has an incomparable view, and it capitalizes on it and has beautifully positioned Sunset Terrace Bar and restaurant to get the most scenic view.
The hotel also benefits from being centrally located, between the Shimbu Niwas Palace (occupied by the Mewar Royal family) and the City Palace Museum.
Image Gallery of Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur
Architecture of Fateh Prakash Palace
Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel has marvelous architecture, giving the royal feel to the guests. The accommodation at the Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel was upgraded in 2011. It has 21 Dovecote rooms and 44 Dovecote Premier Suites. The beautiful Dovecote wing is newly constructed and stands high as an extension to the palace. The rooms are modern and face Lake Pichola and the Lake Palace Hotel.
History of Fateh Prakash Palace
The Fateh Prakash Palace was built in the early 20th century under the reign of Maharana Fateh Prakash, and thus the palace got its name from the ruler. It has now been converted into a luxury hotel.
Fateh Prakash Palace is smaller than the other two authentic palace hotels found in City Palace Complex of Udaipur. The palace was earlier used for an exclusive venue for most of the royal parties; this is the place where the Maharanas of the Mewars held the court.
Even in the present scenario, the hotel is used for hosting some of the most propitious ceremonial dinners and corporate events. The Royal family of Mewar still owns this hotel, and it is considered to be the great hotel from all of the HRH Group of Hotels. They have hotels all over the Rajasthan.
The palace hotel has created history and is an unbeatable winner of the National Tourism Award. It is known for being the greatest heritage hotel in the Heritage Grand category. Shiv Niwas Palace hotel is the counterpart of the Fateh Prakash Palace which is surprisingly much more famous than the Fateh Prakash Palace.
It is the very special interiors of the hotel that makes it the best out of the lot. It holds an invaluable collection of royal artifacts, weapons, crystals, and portraits.
How to reach Fateh Prakash Palace
Udaipur is a very well connected tourist city in Rajasthan.
· Airport: The Palace is found at a distance of 26 km from the Maharana Pratap Airport. You can easily cover the distance via private car or taxi or State-run buses.
· Railway Station: The Palace is situated at a distance of 3.2km from the Udaipur Railway Station which can be covered via local transport available in the region.
· Public transport- You can avail buses run by the state government of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh, running day and night at regular time intervals.
You need not worry about the private cabs; you can refer to the list of top car rental companies in Udaipur curated by Udaipur Tourism to facilitate the travelers.
Entry fees and timings of Fateh Prakash Palace
1. There is no entry timing in the palace; the place is open 24*7.
2. The pricing of stay at Fateh Prakash Palace varies according to the room quality, seasons, and availability.
3. The price of the double Dovecote Room during the months from April to September begins at Rs.8000 per room. Dovecote suites cost increases to Rs. 17,000 per night. However, during the peak winter tourist season October to March the cost increases to Rs. 16,000, and Rs. 36000 respectively. The cost of breakfast is Rs.1500 per person.
4. Please note all the costs mentioned above are inclusive of taxes.
Best time to visit Fateh Prakash Palace
October to all year round, you can visit this beautiful structure as the sight of Lake Pichola is breathtaking. However, during the winter months from October to March, the beauty of this palace and surrounding increases manifolds, making the stay here all the more worthwhile.
Things to do at Fateh Prakash Palace
Fateh Prakash Palace is an iconic building, and there is so much to do here; one can enjoy the beauty of the place and spend quality time here. While you put up here enjoy doing or visiting the following:
1. Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Sunset Terrace- The moment sun hid in the mountains, the beauty of the stunning Sunset Terrace at the Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel enhances the scenic beauty in the City Palace Complex. The enthralling beauty of Lake Pichola can be easily witnessed from this location. While the sun sets, it paints the Lake Palace in beautiful and colorful hues and the Sunset Terrace gives the best view of Lake Palace Hotel. Importantly, the live music on the terrace takes the whole atmosphere to the next level.
Sunset Terrace is accessible all days of the week from 7 AM to 10:30 PM. The restaurant serves a variety of Indian, Continental, and Chinese cuisines. The Surya Darshan Bar of the hotel is famous for its English High Tea served from 3 PM to 5 PM. This location also offers a breathtaking view of the sunset.
There are many restaurants found all over the City Palace Complex where guests enjoy the food. Two such restaurants are European style café and Palki Khana (located in the front of City Palace Museum). For a romantic getaway, the guests can also head to the deck area found at the Shiv Niwas Palace Hotel.
2. Durbar hall- You can visit the Durbar Hall of the City Palace, known to be an epitome of beauty and attraction. It was earlier considered as the property of royal audiences only. The Indian Viceroy, Lord Minto in 1909, laid the foundation stone of the Durbar Hall.
The first name of the hall was Minto Hall. Currently, the Durbar Hall, is utilized as a banquet hall and is rented out for private functions. Passengers coming from the Palace on Wheels, luxury train go to this place for dinner when they visit Udaipur.
Darbar hall has seven crystal chandeliers which are suspended from its stunning ceiling, offering a beautiful view. A massive chandelier is used as a centerpiece that weighs almost a ton. There are two other chandeliers which are slightly small in comparison to the centerpiece. The weight for these art pieces is about 800 kg each. These are very neatly positioned on the sides of the central chandelier.
You can find four more chandeliers placed in the four corners of the Durbar hall. These are the smallest of all, weighing 200 kilograms each. The Durbar Hall has a dramatic ambiance and will take you back to the Royal era as the walls are decorated with the astonishing portraitures of the Maharanas of Mewar.
Various historical artifacts and royal weapons are also on display on the wall. The Durbar Hall is open to the public from 9 AM to 6:30 PM. You have an added advantage if you are a guest at the Fateh Prakash Palace or the Shiv Niwas Palace. Being a guest, you can visit Durbar Hall for free else you need to buy an entry ticket.
3. Crystal Gallery- The Crystal Gallery is home to the most extensive assortment of crystal articles in the world. The array is vast and has some stunning pieces. There is a stunning piece of crystal footrest and the first-ever crystal bed in the collection, which will leave you awestruck.
The collection was customized by the F&C Osler, especially for the Maharaja Sajjan Singh, enthroned in the year 1874. Unfortunately, he died within ten years and was never able to witness the beauty and grandeur of the collection.
The crystal lay abandoned and unopened for 110 years. It was only in 1994 the present leader of the Mewar royal family, Shri Arvind Singh decided to open the boxes and display it for the public to view. The Crystal Gallery is open from 9 AM to 6:30 PM daily. The ticket price for the same is Rs. 700 per grown-up and Rs. 450 per child.
Places to visit near Fateh Prakash Palace
Some of the best places to visit within a 10 km distance of Fateh Prakash Palace are mentioned below.
· City Palace - Situated at a distance of 4.6 km from the Fatehgarh, the City Palace of Udaipur is an architectural wonder and is a trendy sightseeing place. The natural settings around the palace are breathtakingly beautiful. There are light and sound shows organized here which are worth watching.
· Jagdish Temple- Located 1.2 Km away from the Fateh Prakash Palace, Jagdish Temple is an important religious center of Udaipur. Jagdish Temple is one of the most prominent Hindu temples in Udaipur fetching devotees from all over the world.
· Monsoon Palace- Also known as the Sajjangarh Fort, located 8.2 km away from the Fateh Prakash Palace, it is a treat to watch. This is one of the most astonishing castles built in the hills overlooking Chittorgarh and Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
Udaipur Tourism offers Udaipur tour packages keeping the traveler’s needs as an ultimate priority while visiting the popular sightseeing places of Udaipur. For more details about the various packages, please fill the Contact Us form.