Bharatiya Lok kala Museum Udaipur Ticket Prices
|Folk Lore Museum & Puppet Show||25||15||40|
|Special Show Puppet & Folk Dance||40||20||60|
|Combo Tickets (For Both The Programme)
Museum & Puppet Show
Special Show Puppet & Folk Dance
|Museum Entrance Fee||20||35|
|Video Camera Fee||50|
|Note: Special Show Puppet & Folk Dance Timings||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm|
|Note: Tickets Avaiable upto 5:30 pm|
India is filled with exquisite culture and tradition found in every tiny aspect. According to Indian customs, a guest is equivalent to God, who needs to be treated with utmost respect and care.
If you are visiting Udaipur, Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is the best place to derive in-depth information about the rich folk history and culture of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Gujarat, brilliantly showcased all around the museum. Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is one of the most beautiful steps ever taken by anyone to revive and restore the folk culture and traditional arts and crafts of Udaipur.
Location of Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
Being one of the most famous museums in Udaipur, Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is situated 300 meters in the north of Chetak Circle in the Udaipur city.
History of Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum was set up by Mihir Chaudhary in the year 1952 to propagate and popularize folk culture found in arts, dances and the literature of the particular region. The enthralling collection is about 44 years old, reflecting its age-old charm and inspiring people to switch to a new form of artistic pleasures.
Image Gallery of Bharatiya Lok kala Museum Udaipur
Collections at Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum exhibits an exclusive collection of articles representing the folk culture of Rajasthan. These are ornaments, puppets, masks, dolls, rural-dresses, folk deities, folk musical instruments, and paintings.
How to reach the Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
The tourist city of Udaipur is connected to all major modes of transport.
· Airport- Maharana Pratap Airport is located 23.2km away from Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum. You can hire a private cab or taxi to reach your destination.
· Railway Station- Udaipur Railway station is about 3.5 Km away from Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum.
· Public transport- You can also take advantage of government-run buses from various nearby states like Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, and Uttar Pradesh. Udaipur is very well-connected via NH8. You can reach Udaipur City in no time as it is just 5.1 km away from Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum.
For a better holiday experience, you can also book a private cab from top car rental companies in Udaipur and have a hassle free trip in this lake city.
Entry fees and timings of Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
- The museum entrance fees is Rs. 20 for Indians and Rs. 35 for foreigners.
- The camera fees is Rs. 10 and video camera fees is Rs. 50.
- Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is open every day of the week from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- The timing for a select puppet show and a folk dance is divided into two different slots, from 12 PM to 1 PM and from 6 PM to 7 PM.
Things to do at Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
· Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is a unique hub of culture and traditions of the Mewar dynasty. You will be amazed to find an exciting range of local handicrafts and artistic things, enhancing the beauty of the place.
· The folk dance performances and puppet shows are pure delights, bringing pleasure and happiness.
· You should also have a brief look at the designs of hand henna prints, terra-cotta deras (small shrines) and adorned cow dung floors found on the opposite side of the puppet show theatre. This artistic fervor flows from Molela Village near Nathdwara.
Places to visit near Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum is situated close to many tourist places namely HathiPole Market, Pt Jawaharlal Nehru Tribal Museum, Jagdish temple, City Palace, Vintage and Classic Car Museum, Maharana Pratap Memorial, Nehru Garden, and Lake Pichola. All these places are located within a 10 Km radius of Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum.
Things to ensure before visiting the Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
Please note tickets are available from 5:30 PM.
For your convenience, we at Udaipur Tourism, have curated various Udaipur Tour packages that can help you have a perfect time of your life while exploring the popular tourist places in Udaipur. Our packages are designed keeping your budget in mind. Fill out the Contact Us form to know more about us!